Wednesday, March 24, 2010

sometimes "ups" outnumber the "downs"

I think everyone has those days (or weeks or months) where everything seems to go wrong. When it feels like the world has turned its back on you. When you're tired to fighting for what you believe is right or for what you deserve. Before the pity party gets started, I'm not going to blog a "woe is me" type blog. Sure there are things less than perfect in my life. I have a great deal of school debt that I am struggling to pay off. My manager at work is exercising her power and cutting my hours back to the bare minimum. Due to this lack of hours and income, I cannot afford to spend a few days in Daytona Beach with my friend who deserves this more than anything. I am so sorry Paige. I swear to you, I will make this up.

So yeah, life sucks right? Not exactly.

I have been given the opportunity to work at the most magical place on Earth and in doing so, I will be able to make a dent in the debt that I owe. I have also taken the first step in my career goal of working for the RCMP by signing up to write the aptitude test on April 18th.

My manager is human. I believe she is a better person than she thinks she is. Even if she is not, I will only be working under her for a limited time and so, it is not worth my energy to be upset about her actions. I can only control one person, myself. That said, fingers crossed she changes her attitude about my leaving for such a wonderful opportunity :)

Paige is the most understanding and compassionate friend I have. I am positive she is disappointed that I can no longer go on this much-deserved vacation with her, but she takes everything in stride and harbours no anger toward me about the issue. I am so greatful to have her as a friend.

So yeah, life is okay! Soon to be fabulous as I am about to embark on the adventure of a life time. In 41 days I will be arriving at Walt Disney World, my dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment