Saturday, March 6, 2010

Just get me outta this place!

My start date at Walt Disney World is in 59 days. I still haven't told my manager I'll be leaving for fear that she will use that to my disadvantage during my last 2 months here. I really can't afford to have my hours cut but I don't want to be a jerk and not give her ample notice to start looking for a new hire. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I really want to just pack my bags and leave now for Florida. If I got a call right now saying they needed me out there early, I'd be leaving as soon as my car was packed. Its not that I don't like it here... well actually, it is kinda like that I guess. What I should say is that there are definitly people and things I will miss about home, but I have so much more to look forward to in Florida.

I am excited to meet new people, try new things and to get away from the stress in my life back home. For a whole year my focus is going to be on having fun. Something I don't do enough of right now. Fun tends to correlate to spending money, something I shouldn't be doing while trying to reduce my debt incurred while at university. Its going to be a long road to get out of this hole I've dug financially and I'm hoping some decent tips at Le Cellier will help me part of the way out!

I've discovered I've been increasingly irratable lately. I think its partly because I feel like I'm at a stand still in my life. My job right now is not anything close to what I want to do for the rest of my life. I got the call telling me I've been hired by the Walt Disney World resort in November. With only 6 months between then and when I would be starting my year in Florida it didn't make sense to look for a new job. So thats where I'm at right now. Its really getting to me now, but I only have to suffer for another 8 weeks. I've been working on looking for a positive in every situation... its a struggle but I'm starting to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment