Saturday, March 13, 2010

and the cats outta the bag!

Well well well. I've been trying to figure out the right time to let my manager know that I will be leaving to spend a year working for the main cheese! It seems that I no longer need to be concerned as it came to my attention yesterday that she already knows. Funny part of it is that she hasn't confronted me with this as of yet. So now, my internal battle is regarding whether to deny it or to confirm her accusation. Of course I want to let her know so that she can find a replacement but at the same time, due to a certain history, I can't trust that she will continue giving me hours until I leave. I want to trust her, but I simply can't. My other team members agree that if I tell her, I will be cut down to 15 hours per week or even worse, let go completely. Apparently telling your manager that you will be leaving at a certain date is considered giving notice and as it is only courtesy to do so, it does not mean they have to let me consider working. I can't afford that. I'm already stressed to the max about my financial situation - my first few weeks in Disney I will be without a paycheque... I need to save save save!

In the meantime, I've gotta get this tattoo done. I'm getting a tattoo of a dragonfly with the words "alis volat propriis" meaning "she flies with her own wings". I am getting this primarily for my friend who is battling with cancer. She got a tattoo with the same message. I also want this tattoo for myself. I've battled my own personal demons as many young women (and men) have and this tattoo will symbolize my freedom and independence. The dragonfly symbolizes change and the power of life. I'm hoping to get this ink done in the next 2 weeks... the sooner the better!

Thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment