Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Proud to be a Canadian!

Phew Canada killed it tonight against the Russians! I have no doubt in my mind it'll be the USA vs Canada for the gold but I think that game will be much different than the qualifier game earlier this week.

Its nice that I have the Olympics to focus on - it keeps my mind off my countdown to Disney - about 9 weeks now - as well as how tired I am of my job and routine. Everyday is the same, all just a blur. That is one thing I cannot be satisfied with in life. I want a life that keeps me on my toes!

Living in central Florida is going to be that excitement I need. I've been working on a list of things I want to do during my year in Disney and its becoming quite exhaustive. If I can manage to complete it, it would be an impressive feat. Some of the noteworthy items are to go bungee jumping, visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal, visit Las Vegas, and make friends from all over the world.

I've made some headway with the last one already! I now know people from Mexico, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom - well sure, I don't actually know them, but we've all been talking online and I can promise you many of these people will become close friends in the next couple of months. I'm looking forward to sharing with them my Canadian culture, complete with plenty of pleases and thank-yous and certainly and abundance of ehs!

Its hard to believe I will be leaving here so soon. It is very possible that I won't ever live at home with my parents again, much to my mom's relief haha. But really, this is it. In 2 months, I'm starting the adventure of a lifetime! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment