Sunday, February 21, 2010

my first blog

This is my first attempt at a blog. Basically I am blogging about my upcoming adventure. I have been accepted into the cultural representative program at Walt Disney World. I am starting May 4th and will be working in Food and Beverage at the Canadian Pavilion. The countdown is at 72 days. The days are crawling by - I just want to get out there and leave my McJob behind me. No, I don't work at McDonalds but I sometimes feel like I do.

Walt Disney World has been my favourite place since I was a little kid. It really is a place where dreams come true. Its that one place where nothing else seems to matter but happiness. I forget that I'm 22 years old and thats not a bad thing!

I'm excited and nervous about leaving my life here in the metropolis of Aylmer, Ontario (wait, I actually live in Calton - population maybe 100?) That might even be a stretch! It will definitely be a change but one I am sure I will never regret. I feel like this might be the beginning of the life I've been dreaming of. Now all I need to do is meet my prince charming and I'm set!

Side note: Canada just lost to the USA 5-3 in men's hockey... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment