Monday, February 22, 2010

Does life ever get easier?

I work hard for too little money. I found out recently that my credit rating basically says I'm bankrupt although I have been working diligently to pay off my debts I incurred while in university. Apparently I owed the cable company $300 from almost a year ago and they never thought to inform me or ask me for the money.

sigh...

I've owed mastercard $7 for more than 120 days and they too didn't bother to inform me of this. The $7 is for an insurance program that I asked to have cancelled back in July.

another sigh...

Good news, I think I've paid everything off now that was past due (even if I shouldn't have been charged in the first place). Bad news, despite my not being contacted about these supposed past due balances, my credit score has taken a huge hit and apparently these slip ups will be on my credit score for 6-7 years! Ughhh c'est la vie!

But.... I AM going to Walt Disney World for an entire year! I am positive everything will fall into place once I'm there, but I still have 2 months to endure here. I have a lot of phone calls to make and paperwork to file in these couple months, fingers crossed my hard work will pay off.

I really do live a Mickey Mouse life!

1 comment: